Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 14, 2009

Things are looking up, even if they are a bit frosty!

It's Monday. I don't like Mondays and I didn't get a lot of sleep last night (3.5 decided that ONLY Mommy would do at 2am). But today is a different Monday. Today I don't feel sad or scared. Today I feel annoyed about my diagnosis but that's all it is, an annoyance. It's a small part of my life that is wreaking havoc, but it's not life or death. It's just, annoying. Losing my hair would be annoying. Potentially getting sick to get better is annoying. Having to cancel my winter travel plans (especially when it's -28C outside) is very annoying! Annoying however, is not going to kill me. I've been plenty annoyed before. I don't have time in my life to be sick. I want to take my kids places, work-out with my trainer, attend hockey games, and go on dates with my husband. So cancer will have to take a backseat in my life. I will buckle it in, take it around with me, and make sure it gets treated properly, but it's not going to ride beside me and it's not going to become me. Forget it.

This week's list of things to do:
Monday - photos with Santa for the girls (check!), 3.5's dance class
Tuesday - 3.5 pre-school, groceries, seasonal flu vaccinations for everyone
Wednesday - PET scan, wrapping presents and staying away from the kids while radioactive
Thursday - 3.5 pre-school Christmas concert, FREE time!!!, hockey game
Friday - Tom Baker appointment

Of course there is still some Christmas stuff to do so must get on that as well. Here's hoping the energy lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment